All your dogs and cats needs are covered in the daily price. There are no hidden charges. Each guest gets pampered treatment including at least 6 daily outings, treats, medications, special diets, play and lots of love. If you are thinking of a trip let us know, even a year in advance.
On June 1, 2017 rates increased by $1 for one, $2 for two dogs and no change for three + dogs.
*All animals that share *must* live in the same household and like each other. If we have to separate then additional charges will be applied.
• For trips 4 nights or less, pickup after 1:00 incurs a day rate of $30/45/60 for dogs and $20/25/30 for cats
• Pick-up/drop-off after 5:00 may be charged a fee of $40 for dogs and $30 for cats. All times after 5:00 must be pre-approved and if not our gates may be closed.
OTHER SMALL ANIMALS (ferrets, rabbits, chickens, ducks, gerbils, etc. )
Please call or email for pricing
Rates & Policy Details
Drop-off, Pick-up and Tour Times
• Yes we do live here at the ranch but we may be running errands, going for hikes or just going out to dinner.
• To make sure we are home and to keep the noise level down all drop-off, pick-up and tour times MUST be scheduled before coming out.
• Please call when you turn onto the Ben Howard Road, this will give us 15 minutes to get our dogs inside for their safety and to keep everyone from barking. 360-794-6388 or 425-971-3527, if we don’t answer just leave a message and come on up.
Mystic Mountain Retreat Hours
Please let us know when you will be coming, we will have caregivers per the below hrs; all other times only by approved appt.
360-794-6388 ranch, 425-971-3527 Cindy cell (Mystic Mt Directions)
Monday – Friday: 9:00 – 5:00 or by apt (prefer by 4:00)
Saturday: 11:00 – 5:00 or by apt (prefer by 4:00)
Sunday: 11:00 – 5:00 or by appt (late pickup between 8:30 – 9:00pm many Sundays (not all); by appt only, day fee applies)
Pick-up/drop-off after 5:00 may be charged a fee of $40 for dogs and $30 for cats.
For new dogs please try to come mid-day so your pup will have some fun before dinner and the evening quiet time. If you live in Seattle or the Eastside mid-day is the best time for traffic.
Special Needs Animals
– Most special care is included in the daily price; for “extra” special needs care additional charges may be required; these will be assessed prior to your pets stay.
– For insulin injections a charge of $5 per each sub-Q injection.
– For some high engery dominate dogs daily training may be required for boarding.
• Stays 10 – 20 nights: 10% discount, 10th night free! Does not apply over any school breaks (i.e. Summer), holidays or special needs animals.
• Stays over 21 nights: 15% discount, does not apply for high energy, dominate dogs or over school breaks & holidays.
• Additional discounts for multi species from the same family.
• Additional long term discounts may apply for well mannered dogs depending on size, health, temperament, training, time of year and other factors.
Mystic Mountain Retreat Tours
• By appointment only
• Friday, Saturday & Sunday between 11:00 – 2:00
• Other days and times dependent per yours and our schedule, please let us know what works for you and we will try to support it.
• Even if you have a scheduled appointment you may need to wait for caregivers to finish a play session or if there is another check-in or check out at the same time.
• Yes bring your dog on the tours, just wait for a caregiver before letting them out of the car and watch for our dogs, cats and chickens.
• Watch for our friendly cat, he tries to get into cars and will jump into an open door or window even if you have an dog aggressive dog inside.
Dog Training (basic, manners and confidence)
• Add on manners and confidence training during normal boarding (contact Cindy for information)
• 30 minutes (two sessions) $30; four 15 minute sessions $50; each additional 15 minute session $10
(training is normally 15 minutes but may be broken into 10 minute sessions depending on your pups needs, age, amount of training, and length of boarding)
• Cash, checks or money order. Sorry, no credit cards at this time
• For stays longer then 12 nights, we require a 50% deposit at time of check-in.
• Mystic Mountain Retreat has coordinated with a couple of taxi services to get your animals to camp if you are unable to bring them yourself. Please click here for more info. (these are very limited)
Health and Vaccinations
• Mystic Mountain Retreat is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy place for your animals friends and believes in a holistic approach, including vaccinations, worming, and flea control. To support this approach we do not require that vaccines be given every year and consider that first year vaccinations create lifelong immunity.
• We do require that all guests follow a vaccination, flea, and worming plan; either allopathic or holistic supervised by their veterinarian. (For the vaccination plan that Cindy follows for her own animals see: http://mercyvet.com/vaccines-revisited/ ).
• All dog guests must provide a negative fecal test within the last 6 months as they share our play field (cats are not required as they use personal litter boxes).
• Canine cough and flu vaccinations are up to the owner and their veterinarian, as dogs can get infected with the virus even if they have had the vaccination and as signs of a dog with canine cough may take days – weeks there is no way to fully ensure guests won’t come in contact with the virus at dog camp, at the dog park or even walking down the street; this is similar to kids getting a cold or the flu at school or while playing with other kids. We spray our fields every week with a cleaner, fully clean all rooms and bedding between guests, wash bowls every day and provide good air flow and even air cleaners to reduce the spread of colds between the guests. If your dog goes to dog parks or do not follow an holistic feeding program we suggest getting the vaccinations.
• All vaccinations should be given at least 7 days before their stay at camp or any stressful change in their live, and if there a reaction the owners will be able to identify it easier at home.
• To fully support guests, a history form and agreement will need to be filled out and signed before your animals stay or during check-in (forms available upon request or at the ranch).
• Additional visits an “every trip” form will need to be filled out, either during check-in or email for the current form.
What to bring?
We provide bowls, towels, blankets, toys, chicken/rice & lamb/rice based canned food for enhancement and healthy USA sourced treats. (If your pup is a shredder please provide your own bedding, additional charges may apply if our bedding is torn beyond normal use.)
You will need to provide:
• All food, supplements, bones, and medications (we have lots of room to store raw food and veggies)
• Any special treats (we provide healthy USA sourced treats)
• Something with home smells on it (un-washed bedding or towels/t-shirts from mom or dad)
• Any behavior tools you use at home such as gentle leaders/halters, prong collars, or barking control collars
• Anything that will help your fur-kids have a happy stay including toys, crates, beds, blankets etc. (soiled bedding may be washed and can be miss-placed so please don’t bring any favorites )
• Please no bowls as they get washed 2x a day and can be miss-placed (special feed restriction bowls ok)
• Leashes may also get misplaced so either take them home or leave favorites at home
Tours & Visits
Please call or email for an appointment and driving directions (Mystic Mt Directions). Please no unscheduled visits as we may be busy with the guests, out on hikes with the dogs or running errands. Please make sure to have your dog on a leash as we have friendly cats and chickens around the house and pond area.
Dog Training Methods
Mystic Mountain Retreat, Loving Dog Training; utilizes a combination of positive feedback, natural training, balanced training, communication, and energy balancing for our training processes. While dogs are very special individuals who understand many levels of being, they are also canine’s with their own behaviors that are separate from us humans. Thus during your pups stay we will work with them to understand the rules which will ensure the safety for other guests, the caretakers and your pup. If you would like to discuss our processes please contact Cindy.
• Mystic Mountain Retreat is a commercial kennel so we must adhere to county regulations regarding noise. Specifically, we cannot have a “repetitive barker”. The county defines a repetitive barker as a dog who barks continuously for 10 minutes of any 30 minute time frame. Repetitive barking not only bothers the human neighbors but also other guest dogs and even themselves as it may cause stress to their digestive system.
• If your dog is a repetitive barker, we will use consistent and fair methods to quiet them.
• First we have lots of fun and interaction to hopefully tire out your dog. We use communication to determine if anything is wrong and to let them know the rules and why barking is inappropriate behavior.
• If the barking continues we utilize various techniques and tools to help with their training depending on the pups individual needs:
– Water spray bottles are our first tool after communication for quick corrections
– Time outs when barking and treats when they are quiet
– Sonic devices that creates a sound
– Lemon collar that sprays a quick burst of lemon near the dog’s nose when he/she barks (many dogs don’t like the smell and will eventually figure out that it only happens when he/she is barking, some dogs seem to like the smell).
– Stimulation/bark collars that starts with a small level of stimulation and slowly increases. When the pup stop barking the collar automatically is reset to the lowest level. If for some reason the barking continues the collar is deactivated to ensure the stimulation is only for training. We only use the highest quality training collars to ensure all corrections are fair and accurate.
• If we use any training tools once the pup has figured out barking is not appropriate we step backwards in the process so most pups are trained not to bark without any aids. The dogs we have had to use these aids on have not been stressed out by them and have continued to have a great time while at Mystic Mountain Retreat, Loving Dog Boarding
We reserve the right to refuse service for any animal, per Mystic Mountain Retreat’s discretion.